Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Day






Sometimes it's nice to get a "do-over".
New Years is like one big scheduled do-over. Everone gets to start fresh.
Like hitting the button under your odometer, we all jump back to zero.
On New years day, we're all untainted, unpoluted (ha!), we haven't missed any goals or disappointed anyone.
The world is our oyster and the horizon is as clear as a bell.
New years resolutions? No thanks. I don't need a reason to be bummed out and drink myself into a forgetful stupor next New Years eve.
I like to go out and just enjoy New Years Day for what it has to offer. And this year, thanks to global warming, it was offering beautiful sunny day.
This here blog is sort of a fresh start, a kick in the pants, place to vent, a place to post and a place to encourage and feed myself. It's an excersize. If you'd like to check in from time to time, well you've been invited to do so. I will try to stay up to date and if I lag you're welcome to call me on it.
On New years day, our little family drove down to the Cruz for some fresh sea air and a walk in the woods. We took Zoe to see the critters at Wilder Ranch.

No comments: