Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tree Lights


I know Christmas is over, New Years has past. This is my favorite Christmas tree in the City. Every year SF decorates this tree at Stanyan and Oak, and every year I think, I need to shoot that tree. It's a tall, old pine that stands at the entrance to Golden Gate Park. The lights are strung all the way up to the top. I drive by at night and wonder how they get them all the way up there. I can see the colored lights twinkling across Sharon Meadow, from the steps of the Sharon Art studio. The other night, while driving home from dinner at Rohan (!) we passed it and I made Nico circle around and park so I could get my shot. On Wednesday after my class at Sharon Art I looked out across the meadow and noticed that the lights were gone. I got my shot just in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.