Tuesday, August 7, 2007

downtime

I know I know, no posts. No polaroids.
What kind of a misleading blog is this?
I've been a little under the weather. for almost a month now.
I've been a lump on the couch. I spend most of my time trying valiantly not to throw up.
Trying to entertain myself with television shows- CSI Miami, Top Chef, House of Rock, MTV- man there is a lot of trash on TV, and I have been catching up on it.
It hit me hard when we left for Canada. When I think of that vacation, only last month, I feel sick at the mere thought of how nauseated I was. A sickly green feeling taints every moment spent in Marcia's beautiful kitchen, in an air conidioned Subaru driving through bright green forest, laying on the grass by a beautiful but disgusting smelling lake that no one else seemed to smell. Normally I would enjoy the feeling of the warm humid air as I walked through lovely old neighborhoods of brick houses lined with huge leafy trees and flower gardens. But I felt sick. One more step, don't pass out. don't barf. must get back and lay down.
Thank god we have so many people to watch Zoe, because I just can't do it. I'm dizzy all the time.
I barely made it to the airport in Ottawa. I just wanted to go home. I nearly lost the little breakfast I could choke down while waiting in the customs line. I barely ate anything that whole week, and once we got home it was like a hunger strike. Nibble on crackers? Euw. cereal? blech. Toast? I can't get it over my tongue. And so it went. The less I ate, the worse I felt, the worse I felt, the harder it was to eat.
I can't leave the couch, how am I going to go back to work? I have to tell my boss what's going on.

No comments: