Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dykes on Bikes (The 100th Post!)



Now, I can't take credit for the shot as I took it from the SF Gate (Photo credit to Mike Kane) but imagine my surprize when I saw my friend Jesse in The Gate!
Every year, we watch the Dyke parade from the 3rd floor window of Michelle & Robb's flat on 16th St. Michelle invited us over today, saying that Jesse was going to ride in it. With Zoe, heading into the City for parties on the weekend just isn't the same as it was in years past. So we remained in the quiet East Bay. We went for a bike ride in the park. We went shopping for groceries and pajamas and diapers. We watered the garden. We went out for tacos.
Meanwhile, people from all over have flocked to SF to celebrate their community, and the sense of celebration, and pride are infectious.

No comments: