Saturday, February 24, 2007

Spring is coming



Finally the buds are blooming. After an unseasonably warm, dry winter the rain has come to soak everything. In the meantime, the trees are starting to wake up from their winter nap. On Saturday morning, I drove Dimitri over to his place in North Beach before heading into the glass studio. A good day to work in the studio while the rain falls outside. After a capuccino at Cafe Roma, I took a hike up and over coit tower to the stairs on the other side. Decending the stairs I saw the rain clouds hanging over the East Bay. Looking a little dreary. Then I noticed that the trees lining the steps were starting to bloom. It's a great feeling, in the midst of February when I know that summer is far away, to see the leaves and buds on the trees. Knowing that soon, the sky will be sunny and the world will be green again.

No comments: